A Test Automation Engineer (TAE) is one who has broad knowledge of testing in general, and an in-depth understanding in the special area of test automation. An in-depth understanding is defined as having sufficient knowledge of test automation theory and practice to be able to influence the direction that an organization and/or project takes when designing, developing and maintaining test automation solutions for functional tests.
The ISTQB Advanced Level Test Automation Engineer qualification is aimed at people who have already achieved an advanced point in their careers in software testing and wish to develop further their expertise in automation testing.
- (Embedded) Tester
- Test Automation Engineer
- SW Engineer in Test
- Evaluate tools and technology for test automation
- Building a test automation architecture
- Design and develop a test automation solution
- Transition of testing from manual to automated approach
- Create automated test reporting and metrics collection
- Facilitate maintainability and address evolving (test) systems
- Test Automation
- Preparing for test automation
- The generic test automation architecture
- Deployment risks and contingencies
- Test automation reporting and metrics
- Transitioning manual testing to an automated environment
- Verifying the test automation solution
- Continuous improvement
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level Certificate
- 18 months of experience in testing or higher IT education
The exam is taken on the 3rd training day in the afternoon. See Syllabus online for all content of this certification.