Agile frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, XP) are working well on team level and are well established. For the development of more complex solutions or products however, the implementation capacity of several (agile) teams is required.
How can the work of several teams be coordinated and how can this be done taking agile principles and practices into account? Scaled agile is the answer, e.g. with SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework), DA (Disciplined Agile) or LeSS (Large Scale Scrum). Which kind of scaling approach is most suited to address your specific needs? Is a full-blown framework needed or is a lightweight solution based on specific agile practices more suited? And what are relevant agile practices for scaling agile successfully?
We help you to find out whether scaled agility is the right approach for you and how scaled agility can best be implemented. Together we decide what scaling approach to follow and how to introduce that specific approach.
Our services include:
- Analyzing the need for a scaled agile approach, e.g. with an agile fitness check.
- Support, enable and coach the implementation of a framework such as SAFe, DA or LeSS or of a tailored approach.
- Training and coaching of the different roles and stakeholder.
- Enabling your organisation to continuously improve the implemented scaling framework.
- For coordination, management and alignment of an number of teams we support you in setting up an agile portfolio management.
Scrum and Kanban are agile frameworks optimized for individual teams developing a specific product. However, we increasingly have to develop larger systems and solutions requiring multiple teams developing subsystems that need to be integrated into a working solution. In this case, traditional project management is often reverted back to. Roles like Project Manager and Test Manager pop back up and we see a process model that reminds us more of a Waterfall methodology. Consequently most of the benefits such as reduced time to market, high customer satisfaction, early access, fast response to changes etc. cannot be leveraged.
This problem has been addressed by the agile community. SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) aims to scale agile software development methodologies from team to the program and portfolio levels.
You can order the SAFe Big Picture poster at firstname.lastname@example.org. Find more information on the framework at SAFe website.
Our services include:
- Feasibility assessment of SAFe for your organization
- Support the selection of the appropriate SAFe configuration and adaptation to fit the organizational context
- Supporting the definition of teams and program roles based on a value stream analysis
- Setting up a SAFe adoption roadmap
- Support for adoption of SAFe and agile transformation by a certified SAFe Program Consultant (SPC): Definition, Coaching, Training
- Setup of agile requirements, release and test management processes
- Implementation/Transitioning support for your organization
- Rent an agile professional: Product Owner, Agile BA/RE, Scrum Master, Test Master, Embedded Tester