Upskilling with Learning Journeys
The steady advance of digitalisation is changing everyday working life at an unprecedented pace. Finding well-trained employees is consequently becoming more and more difficult, expensive and time-consuming. For this reason, it is essential to equip your own employees for the future.
Upskilling programs make people and organisations fit for the future
Subject Areas for Upskilling
SwissQ (together with Xebia) offers upskilling programs in various subject areas:
- Agile working and agile methods
- Product Engineering (RE/BA) and Product Management
- Testing and quality engineering
- DevOps / SRE
- Data / AI
- Your Journey
Our upskilling programs focus on addressing the challenges faced by companies and providing competent support. Regardless of whether you are looking for a program for the whole organisation or parts thereof, or rather focusing on specific functions and roles – you will find the right one with us!
The Learning Journeys are specifically tailored to the needs of the organisation and the participants and usually run for a period of 6-18 months. A central aspect of the program is the so-called cohorts. These are peer groups that complete a Journey together and learn with and from one another.
10 % – 20 % – 70 % Principle
In the Journeys, the “10 % – 20 % – 70 % principle” is applied. Ten percent of the time is invested in training to accelerate and deepen the learning process. Twenty percent is spent on regular exchange within the cohort and actively supported by a coach. The remaining seventy percent is dedicated to learning by doing in daily work.
The training courses are spread over a period of time and impart the necessary skills and methodological knowledge so that they can be used immediately in practice. Where appropriate, certificate courses may also be used (e.g. IREB, ISTQB, Scrum.org or SAFe). Between training courses, participants are given tasks that can be integrated into their daily work. They can reflect on their experiences in moderated coaching sessions, exchange ideas and learn from one another.
The four Phases oft he Upskilling Program
Organisationally, the upskilling program is divided into four phases:
- In the Setup phase, assessments are used to determine the level of the participants. Learning objectives are defined and development plans (journeys) created. The final step is the definition and creation of the course content (training modules, tasks, procedure, etc.).
- The kick-off is used to plan the infrastructure and the dates, to ensure that participants have the necessary basic knowledge and to divide them into cohorts.
- Then the actual Learning Journey begins
- The self-assessment is the final phase. In this phase there is a re-assessment to ensure that what has been learned has been firmly established and can now be used productively in daily work.
Ensuring sustainable success
The success of the upskilling programs depends on the competent and professional support of experienced trainers and coaches. Our experts are not just masters in theory. They also have the necessary practical expertise to accompany participants in their learning journeys in the best possible way.
An important element in this process is «coach the coach». This approach ensures that the necessary know-how remains within the company. Even after the Learning Journeys have been completed, there are contact people are available to answer any questions and to continue to actively accompany the participants.
Contact us for a non-binding consultation.